Bankard is a subsidiary company of RCBC that manages all of the credit card issued by the bank. Today, it is one of the largest credit card issuer in the country. Bankard issues MasterCard, Visa, CUP and JCB credit cards.
Overview of RCBC Bankard
Bankard has a long experience in the credit card industry in the Philippines. It celebrated its silver anniversary in the year 2007 and achieving another milestone by merging with Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) which is one of the largest banks in the country.
After acquisition, it changed its name to RCBC Bankard, the combination of Bankard’s experience in credit card industry and RCBC’s know-how in the banking industry. In December 2006, the whole Bankard business and its assets was sold to RCBC.
Features of RCBC Bankard Credit Card
There are several benefits you can get from RCBC Bankard credit card that you will not obtain from any other credit cards available in the Philippines. For example, you can view your statement of billing online which is a good feature for account holders since you will be able to track or monitor where you spend your money using your credit card.
Moreover, you can pay bills online by using your RCBC credit card. It is now easy to pay the bills you have since you won’t need to visit the payment centers just to pay bills.
You may also transfer your balance to other RCBC credit cards you own to pay all of it at the same time if you want. If you like to receive an e-Statement, you can select that feature so you won’t receive any paper statements. It is also possible to update your account via online when you log in to your credit card access page.
Basic Requirements in Credit Card Application
Applying for a credit card in RCBC Bankard needs some basic requirements an applicant should have or posses. To be eligible for Bankard credit card, you should be:
1. a holder of a locally issued credit card by other Philippine banks
2. 21-65 years old for principal applicant and 13-65 years old for extension
3. If you will apply in the Internet, your application form should be accompanied by a scanned or original copy of applicant’s most recent statement of account.
4. The applicant should have a landline in his or her place of work or business.
Documents Required When Applying for RCBC Bankard Credit Card
Here are the lists of documents necessary for credit card application at RCBC.
1. Latest month’s statement of account (SOA) from your non-Bankard credit cards and proof that your non-Bankard credit card account is at least one (1) year old
2. If employed, submit any of the following: photocopy of latest pay slip with monthly salary indicated, photocopy of Income Tax Return and/or W2 with BIR or bank stamp, original Certificate of Employment (COE) with annual income details signed by authorized signatory and should be less than 6 months old
3. If self-employed, proprietor or businessman, submit any of the following: photocopy of latest Audited Financial Statement with BIR and photocopy of Income Tax Return and/or W2 with BIR or bank stamp
RCBC Bankard Types
There are many kinds of credit cards that RCBC has for its customers. Depending on your needs and purpose you can choose any of the following cards: Black Card, Diamond Card, LJC Card, Landmark-Anson’s Card, RCBC Bankard MasterCard, RCBC Bankard Visa, RCBC Bankard JCB and myDream JCB.
You may visit RCBC Bankard website for more details about these credit cards. Just click here.
RCBC Bankard is a large credit card company that has long experience in credit card and banking industry in the Philippines. With its wide network of products and services, you will be able to choose what is exactly best for your needs and lifestyle.
Applying for a credit card in RCBC will be fast and easy as long as you have the complete requirements. Make sure to prepare those documents mentioned in this article before the application.