CommentLuv badge

{ 651 comments… read them below or add one }

Josh May 14, 2011 at 15:29

Hi. This website is cool. Anyway,just wanna ask if is it possible to transfer my savings from BDO Savings (Debit) Account to BDO Kabayan Savings? I’m currently working here in Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia. Before I left PH early this year, I had opened two separate accounts for my BDO Debit (payroll account for my previous company in PH) and Kabayan Savings in two different BDO Branches in Manila. When I got here, I learned lately that I cannot withdraw my savings from my debit card using ATM facilities here. What should I do then? Can I ask your advice please? Thanks! MP

Gil May 18, 2011 at 11:01

Hi,
Maybe you can send your debit card to Philippines so your family can withdraw it.
I don’t know how can you do it.

Sergs May 11, 2011 at 03:39

Hello. This article is informative and good. I’ll come back later if I succeed following the outlined steps. Thanks in advance.

mj May 10, 2011 at 13:28

hi,
pwede po bang mag check ng balance tru online? ano po ung website ng bdo?
tnx

mj May 10, 2011 at 04:39

hi!
paano po mag check ng balance tru online?tnx

Gil May 11, 2011 at 22:54

Hi MJ,

You can check your account balance if you have bdo online banking.
You can go here: https://www.mybdo.com.ph/rib/fo_rib_login.jsp

cath May 9, 2011 at 10:12

I just want to ask if its possible for me to withdraw if in case i forgot my passbook?

Gil May 11, 2011 at 22:56

Hi Cath,

I think it is not possible.

Mae May 6, 2011 at 02:01

Gil, How long does it take to issue a bank statement? I need it for my visa application right away.

Gil May 7, 2011 at 02:35

Hi,
I’m not really sure. It depends on the bank, maybe it will take one week if it will be sent through snail mail.

jenny May 2, 2011 at 16:30

hi

kristina May 2, 2011 at 16:28

please kindly send to my email all the details… thank you so much…

kristina May 2, 2011 at 15:38

hi,i want to open an acct. i need an advise..kung atm or p.book kukunin ku which one pu ba ang mas ok? same lang pu ba my interest? yung atm pu ba ng bdo mastercard or visa? thankyou….

Gil May 2, 2011 at 23:03

Hi Kristina,

Just apply for an ATM account with online banking service.
You can have both when you apply at BDO.

rhose May 1, 2011 at 06:38

hej,, gusto ko pong mgtanung kse po bago ako ng abroad ngopen ako ng ATm bank account sa pinas, then after that ndi ko po sya nahuhulugan though meron syang balance na 10k, then nalaman ko na lng sa kapatid ko na closed na ung account ko,, kse nga mghuhulog sila sa inutang nilang pera sa akin,, I am almost 4years here in europe, I dont care if na closed man ung ATM ko,, but I want to claim my my money back,, hope you can help me this,,,

Jenielyn De Vera April 29, 2011 at 09:30

I just wanna ask if i can use my atm even if it has no money in it??

Gil May 2, 2011 at 23:09

Hi,

If there’s no money in your ATM for a long time, maybe it is not active or it is closed already.
And you can’t use it anymore, just check it at any ATM.

maricel April 26, 2011 at 20:53

hi im interested to open an acct. in bdo but im here in las vegas so just wondring what to do to open an account,.?

Gil May 2, 2011 at 22:59

Hi there,

BDO has no online application for savings account. Try BPI Direct.

jade arceo April 25, 2011 at 08:55

hi, im confused. i want to open an account for my daugther on junior savers club. i like to know how much is monthly deposit required or are they have a limit in deposits. thanks!

Gil April 25, 2011 at 09:05

Hi Jade,
The initial deposit is P500 according to BDO’s website.
There’s no monthly deposit as long as you are in the maintaining balance.

robby tomines April 22, 2011 at 03:25

i have a tax refund in the form of cheque from government of canada and i’m here now in the philippines,can i deposit this cheque if i open an account at your bank?which type of account do i need to open?was it dollar account since my cheque is in canadian dollar?

anthony cajucom April 21, 2011 at 03:38

is it possible to open an account in passbook and atm at the same time,how much is the initial deposit?

Nanie April 20, 2011 at 03:27

hi, i want to open an acct to BDO but i was wondering /confuse what type of acct, is it peso ATM or peso passbook acct with ATM? which one is better and what are their advantages? pls. advise.

Gil April 21, 2011 at 03:29

Hi Nanie,

Peso ATM account has no passbook but with low initial deposit while passbook account has P10,000 initial deposit.

jen April 19, 2011 at 17:40

hi..im jen..i have a friend in poland…pwede po ba siya makapag-send ng money through my ATM account number?

Gil April 21, 2011 at 03:28

Hi jen,

Yup it is possible through bank wire transfer from Poland to your Phil bank.

zonya April 15, 2011 at 14:52

hello po ask ko lng po sana kung ano ung requirement sa pag open ng bdo kabayan savings?pwde po ba ung contract ko kasi paalis po ako puntang K.S.A…mag oopen me sana before umalis.thnx

Gil April 17, 2011 at 22:48

Hi,
You just need two IDs, passport or SSS, or any ID.

anisah April 12, 2011 at 20:58

gsto k lng eh ask kng pwede pba akong mag send ng money sa saving accounts q,,pero nde k na activate ang atm k since mag open aq ng account!!!dku na set ang pin #!!just want 2 know kong working pb ang atm k,,,khit dku na set ang pin # k before aq umalis ng pinas!!bka kc mag send aq ng pera sa saving q,,,tas pagdating q ng pinas ni kusing wla palang pumasok!!!im hoping 4 ur consideration at this matter

narc April 11, 2011 at 01:24

may,open,po.akosapenas.na,banco-de-orobank
puydi,kobang,etuloy-yung,saving-qdetu,1999kabayan-savings-act

carme April 11, 2011 at 00:54

sir/madam
ibig nyo po sabhin f hindi ko n po pahuhulogan ung kabayan savings ko galing abroad at kung ako n lng po mahuhulog sa kabayn savings ko icococnvert n po un ng bdo bank as my savings account? ploease reply thanks
carmealladobatac0416@yahoo.com

carme April 11, 2011 at 00:53

sir/madam
ibig nyo po sabhin f hindi ko n po pahuhulogan ung kabayan savings ko galing abroad at kung ako n lng po mahuhulog sa kabayn savings ko icococnvert n po un ng bdo bank as my savings account? please reply thanks
carmealladobatac0416@yahoo.com

carme April 11, 2011 at 00:45

sir/madam

ask ko lng po let kung magopen po ako ng savings account tlga pd po bng ung requiremnts ko from kabyan savings un nrin po ang requirements ko to opening the savings account regularly
carmealladobatac0416@yahoo.com

carme April 11, 2011 at 00:18

hi
ask ko lng po if pede po n itransfer ung kabyan savings to savings account or pd po b n hulogan ung kabyan savings ng 5,000 as a initial deposit and hindi po b mag cloclose ung atm ko f hindi ko gad hulogan ng mga two months kc diba po sa svings account khit hind gad hulogan ng ilng monhts hindi nag cloclose gnun din po b ang kabayan savings ? please answer po my question i need to know po ung answer nyo thanks…please reply po kau sa emaill ko carmealladobatac0416@yahoo.com

carme April 11, 2011 at 00:17

hi

carme April 11, 2011 at 00:17

hi

ashly April 9, 2011 at 23:43

itatanong ko lang po kc nag apply po ako sa BDO savings account dito sa saudi ,tas natanggap ko passbook at atm noong january piro simula po ng natanggap ko atm ko di ko na po nasimulan hulogan,hanggang ngaun diko pa nahuhulog ,piro this may first week sisimulan ko po ,,,kung di pa sya na closed,sana po masagot nyo po tanong ko kong pwede ko parin ba mahulogan yon,,nag aalanganin po kc ako kc baka na closed po sya,,tnx po,,

Lyn April 9, 2011 at 13:08

hi. ano po ung requirements and minimun maintaining balance pg student palang? possible po ba mgapply ng atm kahit summer? thank you. pls reply @ lynabellesalazar@yahoo.com THANKS

vivian dimayuga April 7, 2011 at 15:56

hi po, pwede po ba itransfer ung account from number fom kabayan savings to personal savings account….thanks po

mike April 4, 2011 at 05:40

mam magkanu po penalties pag binawasan ko ng 2k ung 5k na maintining balance ko sa atam.. thanks mam

maluo April 2, 2011 at 13:27

hi po im here k.s.a. gusto ko po mag open ng atm account sa bdo,pwd ko po ba ung ipakuha one of my relatives yong application form taz esend nlang nla sa akin,acceptable po ba yon?thanks po..

Gil April 3, 2011 at 13:51

Malou,

Normally, banks don’t allowed that because your presence is needed when you apply for a bank account.
They want to see you are really the signatories in the application forms.
If you have a relative working in the bank maybe you can do that. He or she can help you to have a bank account.

rowena guinitaran April 2, 2011 at 03:01

hi po ulit”kasi ung id ko lang po ay postal e wla nman akong ibang alam na pwde kaci wla akong work at tyaka kung kukuha pa ako bka mataglan pa bago ako maka pag open,pls po idea nman,kci kailang q tlga mka pag open as soon as posible’o
kung sakali ba pwde na ung nbi at postal id?ksi nkita q dito aceptable nman un”gusto q sna ung sure
tnx po

Jaz April 2, 2011 at 01:21

hi, I have a BDO cashcard for my payroll account can i still use it for other transaction and is the BDO cashcard do have add when u deposit in it ? coz in some other ATM or account i have to ad 50 pesos to deposit.

erwin April 1, 2011 at 21:37

hi ask ko lang po, im currently here in ksa, nakapag apply na ako sa bdo, but bank book lang nakuha ko dahil going abroad na ako the other day, ngayon kelangan ko atm debit card, pwede ko ba ipa apply at ipakuha na lang yun sa ibang tao? then email ko na lang ang pin or magpalit ng pin online? meron na ako bdo internet banking.

Gil April 2, 2011 at 00:51

Hi Erwin,
Just make an authorization letter that you want to apply a debit card and the person you are authorizing to do that application.
Send all requirements, like IDs.

ROWENA GUINITARAN April 1, 2011 at 03:32

hi po’im rowena,ok lang po ba kung NBI at POSTAL ID ksi pi isa lng ung valid id ko”tnx

Gil April 2, 2011 at 00:49

Hi Rowena,
The bank should accept that IDs. Just tell them that its your only ID.

vilma mungcal March 30, 2011 at 22:02

hi! i have a few question i worked here in the u.s..and i want to open an acct in bdo.do u thnk its possible to open an acct though im not there in P.I?if so whats the requirements and the procedure..thank you in advance!

Gil March 31, 2011 at 11:47

Hi Vilma,

i’m not really sure if BDO has online application for savings account but I do know BPI direct has online application.
You can visit BPI direct if you’re interested.

lowela March 29, 2011 at 01:01

Hi, I did apply in BDO with two “valid ” IDs except that maybe the other is not really a ” valid ” for them ( a voter’s id and a philhealth card id).. Considering that the philhealth office is just right in front of there office.. Across the road.. But the representative who assist me that day and that was NOV. 4, 2010.. Did not accept my philhealth card as a VALID ID.. Which are the only id I have..
Can you explain that???

Khim Arcenal March 28, 2011 at 04:42

Hi, I want to open a bank account but there is a problem. I don`t have a valid ID. What should I do?

Gil March 28, 2011 at 11:54

Hi Khim,

I think you should get an ID first before you can apply a bank account.

Louie Sison March 28, 2011 at 02:45

Hi Gil,

I’m Louie and I’m also opening an account to bdo this week. I’m making ready to receive my adsense checks where im gonna be depositing it.
Thanks for sharing.

Genie March 27, 2011 at 02:17

I also wish that they can have automatic transfer for kids savings.

Genie March 27, 2011 at 02:15

I would like to inquire if bdo has the same choice like BPI ( automatic transfer of savings.) Because my company bank is BDO, i think we cannot automatic transfer from BDO to BPI as automatic transfer savings.

Gil March 27, 2011 at 22:44

Hi Genie,

BPI has also no automatic transfer to other banks. But they do have BPI to BPI auto-transfer service.

Mary March 24, 2011 at 12:48

When do they update? Before the month ends?

Vince March 24, 2011 at 02:07

Hi Ms Gil,
just want to asko how do i get bdo rewards card?
Tnx

marissa empestan March 22, 2011 at 09:31

am i able to check this account online?is it possible to have ATM and a passbook account with the same account #?how is the transaction supposed to happen,is he able to withdraw in any of this account anytime?

Mary March 22, 2011 at 07:29

The question is for a BDO account by the way.

Mary March 22, 2011 at 07:23

Hello Mr. Gil,

How can I reactivate my bank account?
How many days does it take for the bank to close an count with zero balance?

I hope you can help me.

Gil March 24, 2011 at 11:55

Hi Mary,

When BDO updates your account and they found it has zero balance, they will automatically close it.
Because there’s zero balance and they need to charge you a dormancy fee.

marissa empestan March 21, 2011 at 18:35

another thing…am i able to check any transaction made from this account online?thank you!

Gil March 21, 2011 at 22:56

Hi Marissa,

If you’re husband opened the account, the account name should be in his name not yours. I think it is the reason he can withdraw from that account.
When opening a bank account, you cannot use other people’s name even if he or she is your spouse.

marissa empestan March 21, 2011 at 18:33

hello po…just need to ask something!my husband open an ATM as peso account and a passbook as dollar account with the same account number.but im realy confuse because he said that the passbook was named by me.is he able to withdraw from this account with out my present coz im out of the country.im in Lebanon and if ever i want to know if i can do any transaction directly to this account and from which bank here im able to go.i realy need some of your clear info.your response will be highly apreciated.thank you and more power

alma March 21, 2011 at 08:33

hi…i want to open an kabayan saving’s account..may i know what are the requirements needed?..thanks!

Gil March 21, 2011 at 22:53
Ann March 17, 2011 at 17:04

Hello, I opened my first BDO account 2 days ago but I stupidly forgot to ask something. I got an atm with a passbook, my question is, how do I withdraw and deposit, do I have to line up inside the bank to withdraw using my passbook or do I just directly withdraw using the card not needing to go to the teller and stuff. thank you, really hope you reply soon…

Gil March 17, 2011 at 22:41

Hi Ann,

If you want to withdraw or deposit, you can do it through any BDO ATM.
Just insert your ATM card and input necessary PIN.

{ 2 trackbacks }