Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (Metrobank) is one of the premier universal bank and among the foremost financial institutions in the Philippines. Metobank is also listed as a public company in Philippine Stock Exchange.
It is a member of BancNet, a famous bank organization in the Philippines composed of different local banks. Metrobank has also international branches in different countries around the world. Here in South Korea, they have branch in Busan. Just like other local banks such as BDO, BPI and PNB, Metrobank offers Internet, telephone and mobile banking.
Metrobank Savings & Checking Account Interest Rate
Perhaps you have already know the importance of interest rate. Before opening a new savings account at Metrobank, it is very essential that you know how much interest will you receive from the particular amount of money that you will deposit.
In addition, you need also to know the initial deposit, maintaining balance and the balance to earn interest for the type of savings account that you want to open. If you want to know more about that, you can click here to go to the post I published before about Metrobank interest rate and other stuffs.
How to Open a Metrobank Savings Account
When applying for a savings or checking account in Metrobank, it is better to bring complete requirements for faster approval and to avoid hassles. It is also advisable to apply online/Internet banking at the same time when you apply for Metrobank account.
Online banking is a good feature offered by many banks since it will give you access to your account anytime, anywhere as long as there is an Internet connection. Another benefit is that you can pay your bills online if you have online banking account.
In opening a savings or checking account in Metrobank, you need to follow the following tips for quick processing.
1. Decide first what Metrobank branch will you going to open an account. This step is very important because when the time comes you need to go to your bank, it will be easier for you to visit your Metrobank branch if it is near your residence or place of work.
2. Don’t forget to bring ball pen when opening a bank account since you need to fill-up application forms. It is better to have one than to borrow ball pen from other people.
3. Bring complete requirements when opening a bank account.
4. Have enough money for initial deposit which normally range from 500 to 10,000 pesos. It is better to have an initial deposit equal to maintaining balance to avoid fees later.
5. Proceed to new account desk upon arriving in the bank. Tell the bank officer you want to open a bank account. Then he/she will give you application forms; fill it up with the required data completely. Ask the bank officer when you have questions or in doubt.
6. After completing all forms, give your initial deposit together with the application forms and requirements to the bank officer for checking and approval.
7. Get you ATM or passbook after 3-5 banking days.Usually, ATM or passbook will be available for pick-up after 5 banking days had passed.
When opening a bank account at Metrobank, you must prepare all requirements before going to the bank like a valid ID, proof of billing, and the initial deposit for your new savings account. A savings account is a good tool to monitor and save your money if coupled with an Internet banking service so make sure to apply also for that one.
Grab Our FREE Newsletter!
If you want to learn more about how to make money online, stocks, mutual funds, choosing the right investment, increasing your income and a lot more under the sun, just subscribe to my newsletter by entering your email below.