CommentLuv badge

{ 154 comments… read them below or add one }

sonie June 26, 2011 at 06:58

i was planing to apply an atm account jan sa pinas kya lang 3 days lang ang bakasyon ko makukuha ko ba agad yong atm card before 3 days?…..o yong deposit ba na 2,000 e pde ko pa ma wedraw for how long po…..?

tina June 16, 2011 at 03:44

Hi, i want to open account in metrobank but im here in united states. what im gonna do? while im here in united states.thanks.

A June 15, 2011 at 15:56

I already have a savings account with Metrobank, the thing is, I’ve changed locations and it would be hard for me to go to the branch where I opened my account. Are you allowed to have multiple accounts under the same name but in different Metrobank branches? Or do I need to close my previous account first before I can open a new one in another branch?

Ira June 6, 2011 at 01:18

How can I open a savings account in the Philippines with out having to leave Honolulu,HI? I have rental income their and need a place to deposit the funds.

Princess May 28, 2011 at 21:38

Good day po, ask ko lang po kung magkano ang initial deposit ng savings account yun pong my passbook at atm card, thanks po, GodBless..

ginalyn May 26, 2011 at 13:44

hi,
tanung ko po sana ,if mag open ng account d2,mag issue po ba kau ng IBAN NUMBER,BIC CODE AT SWIFT CODE?
THXZ

Gil May 28, 2011 at 12:28

Hi Ginalyn,

Metrobank Swift Code : MBTCPHMM
Metrobank Routing # 026002846

IBAN number is not being used by all Philippine Banks. It is only used by European banks.

mary gold reyes May 15, 2011 at 18:28

hi gil,

wt are the terms and conditions when opening a metrobank passbook account? wt if i wouldnt be able to maintain the balance? wht will happen? how much will i be charged? tnx!!

lyn April 29, 2011 at 17:29

tanong ko lang po.gusto ng mr ko ilipat ang pera nya na pounds sa account ko.kaso lang gusto nya pounds din dapat ang equivalent ng pera nya sa account ko.kaso nga lang dollar account lang ang myron ako.pano po ba yon?kc ayaw nya na ung pounds nya matransfer sa dollars.

Gil May 2, 2011 at 23:08

Hi Lyn,

Just inquire it at Metrobank branch near your area.

carlo April 28, 2011 at 06:45

BAT SA MAY BOOTH SA MARIKINA CITY ANG PAG OPEN NG ACCOUNT IS 200 PESOS ??
TRUE PO BA YUN ??

MAGKANO PO BA UN MINIMUN NA DAPAT NA LAMAN NG ATM O ACCOUNT ?

bhaby April 27, 2011 at 08:06

hi just want to ask po kung pwde naba ang P2000 pag-open ng account at magkano po ba ang interests…thank you so much po

Gil May 2, 2011 at 23:01

Hi Bhaby,

Yes, you can open an ATM account at Metrobank for P2,000 but no interest.
It is only for initial deposit and maintaining balance.

sob April 15, 2011 at 00:18

Hi Mr. Gil,
I just want to base my question from your reply to Ms. Dinna’s comment. Here it goes:
Hi Dinna,
I recommend BDO because you can link your savings account to buy mutual funds or stocks in case you consider it in the future.
Metrobank has also international bank.
To learn time deposit, visit this one: http://learnfinancialeducation.com/category/time-deposit/

Dinna asked which bank is better, BDO or Metrobank and you recommend BDO for you can link your savings account yo buy mutual funds or stocks. Is it only BDO who offers this service? I already have a BDO account and I also engage in TD, UITF, and MM. I’m considering of opening an account(s) on other banks but I’m looking into a bank that’s with the most convenient way/means in linking your savings account to other special accounts that the bank offers. Do you know of other banks that offer similar services with that of BDO in terms of linking to special accounts as well as banks that offer high interest rates? Thank you.

Gil April 15, 2011 at 03:07

Hi Sob,

Sorry for the late reply..I’m using BPI and Metrobank.
I think these two are better than BDO according to some of the comments I received from visitors of this blog.
You can link also savings accounf of BPI and Metrobank to your MF, stocksand UITF..

sally raquion April 14, 2011 at 17:02

Hi Im inquiring about opening an account from canada to philippines, and what are requirements. Thank you very much

Gil April 15, 2011 at 03:11

Hi Sally,

Normally, you should visit the bank in person to open an account. If you’re in Canada, you may try BPI Direct because it is the only one I know with online application in selected countries like US.
I know they are strict in this rule..and your relative cannot open an account using your name.

Imelda white April 14, 2011 at 10:36

Hi Im inquiring about opening an account from australia to Philippines, can I open it from australia and what are the requirements I have to send documents. Thank you

Gil April 15, 2011 at 03:12

Hi,

Normally, you should visit the bank in person to open an account. However, you may try to contact them by calling their int’l number.

Donna Lantano April 12, 2011 at 15:27

mag kano po ba ang ang pag open ng atm account?and anu po ang mga requirements?

Gil April 13, 2011 at 22:57

You can find requirements here: http://learnfinancialeducation.com/requirements-for-opening-a-bank-savings-account/

Metrobank has P2,000 initial deposit.

JinJer April 9, 2011 at 00:59

Hello Gil!

I used to have an savings acc. on Metrobank almost 5 years ago, when I left the country I forgot to close it acc. and there was nothing left in there. Are they gonna close it after how many years that hasn’t been active? Is there anything that I shoud do or just leave it alone since it was long time ago?

Thank you!

Jay Ocampo April 2, 2011 at 13:52

Hi Gil, I would just like to ask… What is the most popular Philippine bank in south korea? most number branches all over south korea?

Gil April 3, 2011 at 13:52

Hi Jay,

Metrobank has branches in Busan and Seoul, I think its the most popular Phil banks here.
I don’t see or know other Phil. banks operating here.

john April 1, 2011 at 03:09

gud day nagopen po ako ng atm account pero hindi ko po alam kung anung account number ko..san po ba makikita un or makukuha?..thank you

Gil April 2, 2011 at 00:48

Hi John,
Normally you can open the account number at the back of the ATM card or in the envelope containing your card.

RJ March 31, 2011 at 17:29

I have a passbook SA in metrobank. however, i want to close it already since i badly need the money. i still have 31k saved in it and i am planning to withdraw all of it. i know that if your balance becomes less than 10k, they will charge you with fees.

would u know if they will still charge u for closing an account or is it ok to just withdraw all of the money? because i dont want to have a bad record in metrobank so if there’s a proper way of closing it then it’s better

Gil April 2, 2011 at 00:45

Hi RJ,

There’s no fee when closing a bank account. Just simply withdraw all of your money and it will automatically close.

jocy March 25, 2011 at 02:43

ano pong bank ang pwd ako mg open s halagang 2k lang? kasi i have a friend abroad my itatransfer daw sya sa akin n amount pro i dont have yet account right now..
pls answer me i need your help..thanks

jocy March 25, 2011 at 02:36

hi ask ko lang po mka pag open n po ba ako uli ng account kahit s halagang 2k lang?(for ATM)

Gil March 25, 2011 at 03:48

Hi Joy,

You can apply for Metrobank E.T savings account (ATM card only), no passbook for P2,000 initial deposit.

jaco March 21, 2011 at 05:13

hi…my remittance card ako kaya lang di ko po sya na activate sa pilipinas pwede ko b sya gamitin dito sa korea?or i activate dito?

Gil March 21, 2011 at 22:48

Hi Jaco,

You can try to activate it here because I know there are some Metrobank branches in Busan and Seoul.

tina March 17, 2011 at 19:00

i want to re-open my metrobank account,but i forgot my password,paano po b?valid p b ung account ko?since 4 years ago nang close un?andito po ako sa korea,at gusto kong ipadala ko dun ung savings ko,help me pls..

Gil March 17, 2011 at 22:43

Hi Tina,

If it is close 4 years ago, you cannot open or make it active anymore.
You need to open a new Metrobank account by going to the bank.

richelle geronimo March 14, 2011 at 11:40

hi i just want to ask how many interest monthly is the charge if i want to open a saving account….example my initial deposit is 20,000,00… im a ofw

Gil March 14, 2011 at 22:57

Hi Richelle,
The interest rate per year is 0.5%. So per month is: 0.5/12 = 0.042%.
If you wan to earn more for your money, learn mutual funds here: http://learnfinancialeducation.com/category/mutual-funds/

dinna March 11, 2011 at 01:15

ano po ba yung time deposit??

dinna March 11, 2011 at 01:13

gusto ko pong mag open ng savings account? ano po yun mas maganda BDO or Metro bank? may international bank ba ang metrobank?? reply thanks..

Gil March 11, 2011 at 03:08

Hi Dinna,
Metrobank has also international bank.

jhay March 10, 2011 at 13:31

ANU ANG DADALHIN NA REQUEMENTS PAG MAG REGESTER NG SAVINGS ACCOUNT IAM 19 YEAR OLD AND IAM STUDENT… ANU ANG REQUERMENTS…PO PLS ANSWER ME

jhay March 10, 2011 at 13:27

how to open account in metrobank????what is the initial payment to regester….or how to regester….may bayad ba mag pa regester???? magkano..ang bayad….GUSTO KO PO KASI MAG OPEN SIVINGS ACCOUNT….

Gil March 11, 2011 at 03:05

Hi Jhay,

If you want to open a savings account in Metrobank, you should have at least two valid IDs, a billing statement and initial deposit of P2,000.
You can see the the valid ID in this article; http://learnfinancialeducation.com/requirements-for-opening-a-bank-savings-account/

aj March 3, 2011 at 08:56

is it okey if my monthly deposit is just 1000 I will not withdraw it any way until my savings is already big I want to save including my 13th month pay

Gil March 3, 2011 at 08:59

Hi AJ,

It’s a good idea to save 1,000 a month. It’s very OK.
But remember the interest is only 0.5% per year.

yzaaa February 25, 2011 at 15:35

thanks Gil!!

yzaaa February 25, 2011 at 14:21

Hi Gil,

I live in Sweden for 5 years and i haven’t deposit some money to my ATM account(metro bank. Is it possible that they will close my account even if i ahve enought balance?thanks

Yzaa

Gil February 25, 2011 at 15:09

Hi Yzaa,

Some banks will close an account for inactivity.
I’m not sure if you make deposits or withdrawal for your account for the last 5 years.
To make sure why you don’t call your branch to know if it is active or not.

Jenefer February 13, 2011 at 02:17

Last two years i live in cavite and i get a postal id there,but im living now here in manila and i get Tin number here….is it possible that i can open an account here in manila even my postal id and tin number had a different address?thats the only ID’s i have..

Gil February 15, 2011 at 03:45

Hi Jenefer, I think just tell the bank officer about your condition. I think they will allow it.

Ray Ash January 30, 2011 at 00:40

I live in the USA I plan on retiring in the Philippines in a few years I would like to know what I need to bring from USA to open a savings account? Or am I even allowed to have a savings account there? Thanks for any advice.

mavel January 23, 2011 at 10:33

anu po bang mga requirements para makapagopen ng new join accounts sa metrobank.

Gil January 23, 2011 at 11:03

Hi Mavel,
Just bring two valid IDs for each applicant and to make it sure one billing statement.

janette sereno January 14, 2011 at 12:36

hi gil,can you tell me if, next to my account in Metrobank in pesos, I can open an account in euros? and what do I have to do for that , except depositing euros of course, will it be under same (pesos) accountnumber?thank you

ian January 12, 2011 at 04:55

inquire ko lng kung magkano maintaning balance ng atm, tnx.

Gil January 12, 2011 at 11:06

Hi Ian,

It’s P2,000 for ATM savings account.

janette sereno January 6, 2011 at 21:54

Hi, I do have an ATM account and would like to enroll for internetbanking, do I need to go to the metrobank branch where I opened my account(las pinas) or can I enroll in Pasig city branch as well? Thanks in advance..

Gil January 6, 2011 at 22:48

Hi Janette,

You should visit the branch where your account is opened, in las Pinas.

romeo tugade jr. November 21, 2010 at 20:26

how much the initial deposit?

Gil November 24, 2010 at 22:47

Hi Romeo,
The minimum initial deposit for ATM account is P2,000, for passbook it’s P10,000.

francy November 11, 2010 at 23:46

Hi it can be possible i can open my saving account even Im here in abroad as far I know one of the requirements is personal appearance. Glad to heard any feedback from this matter.Thanks in advance

Gil November 12, 2010 at 03:25

Hi Francy,

You should visit the bank personally because you will sign a signature specimen card.
But if you would like to apply bank account online, you can visit BPI direct, they allow online application
from countries like Bahrain, Hong Kong, Italy, Spain, UAE and US.

lee November 11, 2010 at 11:11

in addition to my question, can i withdraw some money over the counter while the bank haven’t issued my atm yet? thanks again

lee November 11, 2010 at 07:13

hi mr.gil,
my fiancee open an atm account for me, he applied it in Manila, and i will claim the atm card here in my province. would that be possible? how long will it take? can i get the card as early as 5 banking days?

Gil November 12, 2010 at 03:18

Hi lee,

You can give your fiancee authorization letter to claim your ATM card.
I think you can only claim your atm to the branch where you open the account after 3 days in case for Metrobank based on my experience.
You cannot get your ATM in other branch..

jessa November 10, 2010 at 03:45

hi mr.gil,pwede ba ako mag open account kahit 17 years old pa po ako?ano po ang mga requirments para makapag open accnt.po ako? thanks po

Gil November 10, 2010 at 23:09

Hi Jessa,

Yup, you can open an account.
You only need two valid ID like school ID, NBI, postal ID.
You can see requirements here: http://learnfinancialeducation.com/requirements-for-opening-a-bank-savings-account/

jep October 22, 2010 at 17:29

Greetings Mr. Gil, I wonder if Metro bank has an e-mail address where your clients can send incidence report (IR) or complaints about an employee’s misconduct. Thank you and I hope you will enlighten me on this matter.

Gil October 24, 2010 at 09:37

Hi Jep,
Please check the link: http://www.metrobank.com.ph/contact_us.asp
I hope that helps.

Kimberly Villamor October 19, 2010 at 14:34

Good day Mr.Gil! How much is the initial deposit to open a U.S. dollar account because my father wants to have a wire transfer from Cayman Island to Philippines? Would that be possible for me to open my account. And do you have any affiliated bank here through Cayman Island? Thank you for your soonest reply about this matter.

T-zoi October 19, 2010 at 14:19

I have a savings account in your bank and i would like to know how to track down the transactions from my account. Hope you can give me an idea about it. Thanks.

Gil October 20, 2010 at 07:34

If you want to track all transactions, you need to apply for metrobank online banking.
In this way, you can view your account online, anywhere and anytime provided you have internet.

jhanne October 19, 2010 at 13:57

hi! i dont have work but my uncle give me money can i open an account in order to save it?

Gil October 20, 2010 at 07:33

Yes, you can. It is a good idea to open a bank account to save money. do it quickly!

Je-anne October 16, 2010 at 13:22

How to open a checking account? what are the requirements. thank you so much!

Gil October 17, 2010 at 11:47

You need to have a savings account at least 3-6 months before you can apply for checking account.
You can visit your branch to confirm this because sometimes they frequently change the requirements.

mhar October 12, 2010 at 11:28

good day MR. Gil. my husband is an OFW. He want me to open an account in Metrobank for OFW remittances. Is it possible that the Account name will be mine instead of him since he is the OFW? and what are the requirements? thanks for your soonest reply

Gil October 12, 2010 at 13:16

Hi Mhar,
Yes you can open an account. You only need a two valid ID and 1 photocopy of each and a P2,000 for initial deposit for ATM account..That’s based on my experience..

maribel October 5, 2010 at 23:42

Hi!I have a passbook account at metrobank can i withdraw in any branch.Do they charge if it’s an interbranch transaction.thanks…

Gil October 6, 2010 at 09:06

I’m not really sure if they allow withdrawal from passbook in other branch aside from your branch because I don’t have passbook account.
You can contact Metrobank directly to answer your questions.
Mine is only ATM account with online banking. I can withdraw anytime in any ATM machine.

Enid September 14, 2010 at 05:23

I’d like to open a checking account. I just inquired with a couple of banks and they are requiring that you should have at least 6 months before you can get a checking account. How long will it take to have a checking account with Metrobank?

Gil September 15, 2010 at 09:01

Normally, they require you to have at least 3-month old savings account.
Because of many bouncing checks reported.

josephine batac September 8, 2010 at 19:57

hi i work in other country, is it possible that someone going to open a savings account for me in the philippines? or could i open it through internet? thank you!

Gil September 8, 2010 at 22:47

Tell your relatives to get application forms for you then send it to you by mail. after that you can, send it back to the Philippines.
Make sure you have complete requirements and fill up all forms and signature cards.

Previous post: