How do you pay your electricity bill? Paying Meralco bill is a hassle because normally you need to come to payment center to pay the bill. Moreover, if there are many customers at the time you arrived at the payment location, you should line up and wait for a long time until your turn.
I experienced that scenario before I switch paying Meralco bill through online banking, particularly using BPI express online. It is a lot convenience when you can pay your bills online. You don’t need to wait for a long time or line up in a long line just top pay a bill.
Even we are here abroad, we can still pay the Meralco bill of our house. The only restriction is you need to pay before the due date indicated on the bill.
If you are planning to pay your utility bill or any kind of bills, you need to have first an Internet or online banking account. If you have an existing BPI, BDO, Metrobank or any Philippine bank account, you can enroll it to their online banking facility.
It is not hard to enroll in BPI express online, you only need a bank account in BPI. You can also register to it through the Internet.
If you already have a BPI online banking, you can follow the tips below on how to pay for Meralco bill.
1. Log in to your BPI express online account, then go to bills payment section.
2. Enroll your Meralco bill to Bills Payment by going to Enroll all other bills section and supplying your reference number which you can see in the red box below.
3. After registering the customer number, look for ATM/Phone reference number in the middle bottom part of the bill. You need to input the last 5 digits when you pay the bill. Make sure the bill is not beyond the due date because you cannot pay the bill online if it is beyond.
4. Enter the exact amount seen in the bill when you are paying online.
5. Confirmation message will be sent to your email after completion of payment, save it for future reference.
If you can pay bills online like your MERALCO bill, it will be a great convenience and will save you a lot of your time. Enrolling to online banking is easy once you have a bank account, simply visit your bank and request for Internet banking.