Hello there. I want to inform all of my readers and visitors of this blog that I’m joining the Yakezie Challenge. Perhaps you may notice the badge on the left side bar of this blog about Yakezie.
Normally, new personal finance blogs join this network so they can reach more people, get learning from other blogger, get some help and make new friends on the web. I realized that is important to have a network of friends and blogger because they are the ones that will help you to keep on going.
It has been very hard to connect to other bloggers especially if you are a newbie. Some of those “big” sites will not reply to you whenever you want to ask for some questions or you want to make a guest post. I knew that because I experienced it before.
What is Yakezie?
Yakezie is the Internet’s largest network of personal finance and lifestyle blog. It was founded by Sam of Financial Samurai in December 2009 with the intention to improve the reader’s personal finance and improve their lives as well.
The members of the network are selflessly helping each other in their endeavors to hit the Alexa rank of 200k or below within 6 months of the challenge. This goal will be achieved by each blogger by promoting other blogs to their site, commenting on other Yakezie member blogs, and actively participating in the Yakezie forum.
What is the Yakezie Alexa Ranking Challenge?
These are the steps to be followed if you want to join the challenge.
1. Install the Alexa toolbar on your web browser so you will know what is your Alexa rank and other members can keep track your progress. I already installed the toolbar and its is really helpful because you will be able to see your current Alexa rank on the top right corner of your web browser (for Google Chrome).
2. Write 2-4 posts each week for 6 months. I’m already doing this so I think I have no problem with this condition.
3. Install the Yakezie badge on your blog.
4. Announce on your blog that you joined the challenge.
5. Selflessly promote others.
My Current Statistics
As of this writing, this blog has the following statistics. It will be continuously updated each month within the 6-month challenge. So expect one post about the progress and development about this challenge in the succeeding months. So here it is.
Alexa Rank: 672,079
Google PR: 2
Post Published: 217
Comments on this Blog: 1,887
Facebook Like: 1,030
Twitter Follower: 75
RSS Feed Subscriber: 1,457
That’s all. I just want to announce that I’m taking the challenge and hopefully my statistics will be better at the end of the challenge.