I started to invest in stock market last January 2010 when I came back to Philippines from Korea. Actually, I really planned to invest in stock since August 2009. I already applied for a Citiseconline account at that time by sending all requirements through snail mail.
Sad thing, it didn’t arrive in Citiseconline office for evaluation and processing. I didn’t know what happened, and I told that story to one of the customer relation officer. She said to me I shouldn’t send it through post office because there are many cases of lost applications that they encountered. She told me to use LBC or other couriers next time when sending documents to them.
Anyway, I’m glad I had opened a Citiseconline account. My current investments in Philippine stock market includes the following stocks as of July 9, 2010.
1. EDC – 10,000 shares bought @ P4.85 Current Price: P4.70
2. RFM – 7,000 shares bought @ P1.26 Current Price: P1.24
3. MPI – 2,000 shares @ P2. 80 Current Price: P2.70
Why I choose these companies?
1. I want to invest on blue chips stocks, meaning those stocks included in PSE index (PSEi). PSEi is composed of the 30 biggest companies in the Philippines in terms of market capitalization. Except RFM, EDC and MPI are included in PSEi.
2. I believe these companies are trading below their current value and they have big potential to increase income in the future based on their current assets and investment portfolio.
3. I like EDC because it is the only renewable energy company in the Philippines.
4. RFM has great potential to be one of the biggest food manufacturer in the Philippines just like URC or SMC.
5. MPI has a diverse investment portfolio such as energy, tollgates, water services, medical services and ports. This is a growth stock.
EDC – Energy Development Corporation
MPI – Metro Pacific Investment Corporation
RFM – RFM and Subsidiaries
How about you? Which company do you think is good to invest in?